Sunday 27 March 2011

Evaluation 7 - "Looking back at the preliminary task what have you learnt in progression from it to the full product ?"

The preliminary task we accomplished awhile ago i believe taught me more about camera work such as the '180 degree rule' and editing, preparing me for the horror opening we have recently completed. I believe that i have progressed a lot from then in both my camerawork and editing skills. After learning from the preliminary task and a couple other films, which helped with practice further, along with a variety of research into shot types etc i think have made me improve with both factors for the final product of our horror opening 'The River'.

There was a substainal change in work load to begin with from a 30 second clip to a 2 minute clip which we planned ourselves. I feel I have greatly improved since the preliminanry task  as it was already planned out for us  which meant editing wasn't needed as much as it is in 'The River'. In the River sections of film had to be moved around and a range of effects had to be added such as a 'black and white effect' colour change in Michael's hanging scene. We also used other effects such as the 'ghosting effect' however as i've said previouslythis didn't go to plan when it was exported. We also used a variety of titles like the opening credits and the final title, we also used transitions and various editing techniques such as cuts and fades. We put a conventional soundtrack together too by using the site 'Free SFX'. Putting designs on titles was also another thing I didn't do in the preliminary task by putting a 'rippling effect' on the title 'The River' for example. Much editing wasn't needed in the Preliminary task in comparison, only a few sharper cuts and the dd title and fade added, greatly dwarfed through 'The River's editing.



The Preliminary task came with a plan of a variety of shot types of which we had to use and from this i feel ai have taken this on board and used a large variety of shots in our horror production including the 180 degree rule which was established in the preliminary task.


I think my improvement from the preliminary task then our first individual group video to 'The River' has meant quite a jump for me, I have, i feel improved quite far on directing as well as editing from these previous tasks and I have learned a lot in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment